In the spirit of loving God and loving all people, we provide a safe place to help restore joy, freedom, and hope through affordable mental health counseling for the church and community.
Our beliefs and approach
We believe that all community members should be able to access treatment for mental health regardless of their financial situation. Our treatment approach is strength-based and clinical. Although our background is Christian, we are culturally sensitive and serve people from all cultural backgrounds. Encounter Church offers Biblical teachings. Encounter Counseling (EC) focuses on mental health counseling, regardless of the religious affiliation of the client.
GENERAL ADMISSIONS POLICY
Acceptance of a client for treatment is based on the following criteria:
- The treatment required by the client is appropriate to the intensity and restrictions of care provided by our counselors for weekly sessions.
- EC can appropriately provide the treatment required.
The following persons are eligible for treatment after meeting the requirements of the general admissions policy:
- Resident of Jackson and surrounding counties.
- Counseling services are available to individuals or couples.
- Those experiencing a personal adjustment, interpersonal adjustment, marital adjustment, or social adjustment.
- Those experiencing mental disorders, or other clinically significant behavior.
- Those experiencing psychological syndromes that impair functioning, such as substance use disorders, or other types of non-substance abuse-based addictive behaviors.